Nutri-Fruit™ Black Raspberry Powder:
The natural blend of antioxidants present in Black Raspberries are especially noted for their extremely high ORAC value and provide a good source of Vitamin A.
- Each serving of Nutri-Fruit™ Black Raspberry Powder provides nearly 4,650 ORAC units
- Nutri-Fruit™ Black Raspberry Powder provides an excellent source of the flavonoid rutin – a phenolic compound which metabolizes into quercetin. Over 75% of the anthocyanin contribution in black raspberries comes from rutin. The intense, deep natural blue-black color of Munger Black Raspberries used in Nutri-Fruit™ reflects why this berry leads the antioxidant team by packing a stunning ORAC value exceeding that of all fruit types except Chokeberry and Bilberry.
- Black Raspberries are free of saturated fats, sodium, and cholesterol. While many factors affect heart disease and cancer, diets low in saturated fat and rich in fruits and vegetables may reduce the risk of these diseases.
- Brightly colored fruits, especially berries, have been praised as superior health protectors. These edible delights are highly beneficial foods because of the vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, and phytochemicals that they contain. Antioxidants are a group of phytochemicals, each carrying unique properties valuable for maintaining our health. For more details about specific types of antioxidants, please see glossary.
- ORAC, short for Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity, is a measure of the total antioxidant score of foods. More specifically, ORAC measures the ability of foods (and other substances like blood plasma) to 'sponge up' or remove oxygen free radicals – highly reactive compounds that do tremendous damage to the delicate machinery of our cells.
- Research suggests that we can benefit most by eating fruits and vegetables that provide 3,000 – 5,000 units of ORAC per day
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.